Wednesday 9 November 2011

Early thoughts on Modern Warfare 3

I haven't completed the single player. but I am enjoying it so far. It will not be to everyone's tastes, but it is still a good game. If you like the previous 5 call of duty games, you will like this one.

Mulitplayer has some major issues, parties of more than 2 in multi player have major issues in connecting to games, taking minutes in some cases. Battles seem to be decided by blind luck, as damage seems to be random, as per se sniper rifles are overpowered. example being I came up from a guy left hand side and started shooting him, he had sniper rifle turned, (while being shot) and hip fired, and killed me.

I'd give it a 8 solid effort, fantastic in places, but same old cod where you need ninja reflexes and ninja esque eyes to scan the entire viewpoint of character and the heat map to know where enemies are.

I'd prefer Battlefield 3 to this, but that's just me.

Spoiler Alert

The single player is incredibly ott in one of the first missions Soap somehow recovers miracously from a massive stab wound to the chest, to suddenly be fine and dandy, really iw, activision???

Good game, it is defintely worth the time to play at least once in your lifetime.

I'll write a full review when I have had the chance to try everything in this game, and that may be a while, my mother brought home a gorgeous tiny female puppy, pre-occupied making sure she dosen't shit on the rug and annoy the older male dog frodo. 

Anyhoo back to business and the cover for MW3 is one of the most uninspiring covers i have seen in a long time, but that is just me. Also it the single player has made me wonder, just how big do the makers think the Russian armed forces are??? It's one thing what they did in MW2, but what these guys have so far gotten up to takes the holy piss out of it. 

 

1 comment:

  1. i will say that i do agree with you about the random damage in softcore mode....but i find that it's much better in hardcore mode.

    ReplyDelete