Wednesday 16 November 2011

Madden gaming moment

Gaming Moments: Madden at the Tailgate

It was the 23rd October 2011, I was in London, England to see the NFL International Series game, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs the Chicago Bears, it was the tailgate party. The NFL had put on a big tailgate for the fans, there were merchandise stands, former players. Interactive games, cheerleaders, tons of things. One of the things they had on was a bunch of Playstation 3's with Madden on. I was with my dad who never plays video games so I saw a bunch of lads, ages 20-30, and asked them for a game.

A few games in, after beating someone in the last second of regulation with a 50 yard Wes Welker touchdown pass, we were all having fun, lots of banter haha. I came up against this guy, I was the Patriots he was the Cowboys, 4 minute quarters. I absolutely dominated the first half, and by the third quarter I was 47-26 up. I was almost dancing around the place I was dominating. But, this guy can do onside kicks! He gets 3 onside kicks in a row! Converts them all into touchdowns! Remember this is 4 minute quarters! The score is 47-46, and to be interesting (and idiotic in my mind) he goes for the 2 points and the win in regulation. While we were all shouting and balling during this game quite a crowd had gathered! So in the final play of the game, we both stand up for the play, he runs it up the middle, Jerod Mayo makes the stop and the Patriots win 47-46! I was pumped for that victory!

It was the icing on the cake to a great tailgate, I met some awesome people and had a great time! If you are an NFL fan (especially in the UK) and havent been to a tailgate, go! You'll have so much fun! And play Madden if you somehow haven't too!

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed this post, I'd love your feedback and hear your favourite moments playing Madden!

Joe Feery

Xbox Live: Feery123
Playstation Network: Feery123
Twitter: @feery123

No comments:

Post a Comment